Wednesday, April 25, 2012

If I was in high school...

I would avoid looking like this:
I hate that overly shiny, faux satin fabric! It looks cheap and accentuates all your body's imperfections.

Sure these girls look pretty but it's too predictable. I've seen this dress a million times. 

Prom is probably the only moment that teenagers get to really look their best. The event is glamorous and only happens once in a life time.  For me it's more of a red carpet moment than a chance to look like a pageant queen, even though a queen is crowned. I'm thinking more Academy Awards than Toddlers and Tiaras. 

It's possible to look like a million dollars for only a few hundred or less. It's also important to get a dress that's right for your body type.


For a Pear Shaped Girls- Smaller at the shoulders and wider in the hip area with a waist smaller than your shoulders: 

Plunging Halter Gown with Beaded Waist $94.50

Aqua One-Shoulder Gown with Hi Low Hem $268

JS Boutique Embellished One Shoulder Chiffon Dress $138

 For Petite Girls

En Crème Lace Illusion Dress $68

Strapless Pleated Prom Dress by Night Moves 6237 - $230

 For the Hourglass Girl - Shoulders and hips about the same width with smaller waist. 


SHELBY SLEEVELESS CHIFFON GOWN $448

MARTA SEQUINED COCKTAIL DRESS $338

For Plus Size Girls
2011 Aurora Plus Size Prom Dress 11028 - $199.99

Aidan Mattox Plus Long-Sleeve Sequin Dress $365

Hope this makes your special night extra special and if you buy any of my suggested dresses shoot me a message and I'll post it on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment