Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ruffled Lamps and Glue Gun Burns

 I made a ruffled lamp!! I'm probably the last one to do it but I still think its pretty cool. This is what it looked like before...


 I got it at the Goodwill store for $5. A lady asked me if it was for a little girl's room. I said no and that I was going to paint it a different color and she looked at me like I was nuts.

I went to three different stores looking for this color. Hobby Lobby, Home Depot and finally got lucky at Walmart. It's just such a great color! Its a bright playful color that invites you to be chic. 
 I found my lamp shade at Hobby Lobby. It was originally $10 but I had a 40% off coupon!

 Don't forget to tape everything off that you don't want to paint, including your deck. Some off the deck was blue by the end of the project. Oops.

If you're on Pintrest you've probably seen the tutorial I followed to make this lampshade but if not just click HERE for a link to the tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment