Monday, February 6, 2012

Candy Cupcakes!!

I've decided to be Martha Stewart ever since I got married, except for the going to jail part. Lately I've been baking a whole bunch to try to perfect my culinary skills. Plus I've been watching Cupcake Wars on the Food Network! Their cupcakes are so out of this world, but anyway I digress. I saw a recipe on this website called Crepes of Wrath for Peppermint Patty Cupcakes and decided to try it out. I also followed the same recipe and instead of using York Peppermint Patties I used Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Both flavors turned out great!
This is my Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake.


Gooey Pepperminty Goodness!!


Here's the recipe from Crepes of Wrath (I baked them for a little less time because I like gooier brownies. About 25-30 minutes).

Peppermint Patty Brownie Cupcakes


8 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used semi-sweet)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, at room temperature
1 cup white granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted
12 small (1 ½-inch) chocolate-covered peppermint patties, such as York Peppermint Patties (I used the “fun size” ones)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners (I used tinfoil liners to look more like the wrappers of the patties). Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water (or do what I did and set a small sauce pan directly on the stove with the chocolate and butter in it, stirring often to not burn anything). Stir occasionally just until melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Remove the bowl or the pan from the heat. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and salt and then pour in the chocolate mixture. Beat in the eggs one at a time to combine. Gently beat in the flour and cocoa until just smooth (do not overmix!).
3. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of batter into each lined cup. Place one peppermint patty on top, gently pressing into batter. Top with 2 tablespoons (I only had enough for about 1 1/2 tablespoons or less to top each, but it still turned out perfect) batter, covering the patty completely.
4. Bake, rotating tin halfway through, until a cake tester inserted halfway in centers (above mint patty) comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Transfer tin to a wire rack to cool completely before removing cupcakes. Cupcakes can be stored up to 3 days at room temperature in airtight containers. Makes 12 cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment